The University of Nebraska and Freedom Scientific have partnered together to offer Fusion software to students, staff, and faculty. This assistive technology is available on campus computers as well as at-home use if eligible.
Benefits & Features
Fusion is an accessibility tool for individuals with any level of vision impairment. It provides the power and speed of JAWS for screen reading functionality, coupled with ZoomText, for screen magnification and visual enhancements for screen viewing ease.
- Single installer with one activation code for all three products: JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion
- Magnification to 60x
- Screen and cursor enhancements
- High-quality speech using Eloquence® and VocalizerTM Expressive
- Instant access to any JAWS customization already in place
- Same familiar user interfaces
- Powerful keyboard access including navigation on the web
- Screen tracking synchronized with speech and Braille as you navigate and read
- Works with TypeAbility and J-Sa
For use on personal devices:
Register for the personal version (Must use nebraska.edu, unk.edu, huskers.unl.edu, unl.edu or unomaha.edu email address)
For use on University devices:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Current students, faculty, and staff are eligible for this service.
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.