Outlook is the Microsoft 365 application utilized for mail and calendaring at the University of Nebraska System.
Benefits & Features
- Access Anywhere
- Automatic Updates
- Unified Collaboration
Email Account types include:
Faculty/Staff email accounts utilize the Microsoft 365 suite with enterprise email, online document editing and storage, team collaboration, and web conferencing.
Office 365 accounts for auxiliary, shared access, room or equipment reservations.
Allows users the ability to send to large groups of users.
All students are entitled to a student email account which can be used for official university communications.
Access your e-mail account via:
the web Portal
from your PC or Mac using Outlook
from your Smartphone
Students, faculty, staff and alumni are eligible for this service. Depending on role access to certain applications may change.
- Once employees have an officially assigned University role an MS365 account will be automatically assigned.
- Emeritus Faculty - Lifetime email.
- Separated Faculty & Staff in nonpaid role - Account will be permanently disabled within 24 hours of separation.
- Faculty / Staff separating & enrolled/enrolling in classes - The existing account will be disabled and a non-associated account with a new ID will be generated.
- All Former employees are subject to their campus offboarding policy. This is being re-evaluated as it relates to the new EM16. More information on EM16 can be found here https://its.nebraska.edu/policies-processes/responsible-use-of-university-computers-and-information-systems
- UNK - Once students are enrolled in a class, an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after the enrollment for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently.
- UNL / UNO - Once students are admitted to the university an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after admission for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently. *Students are not eligible to download Microsoft Office until they are enrolled in a class.
- UNK - Access remains 2 years after the last day of enrollment
- UNL - Email for life*
- Other services, e.g. OneDrive and Office, expire 2 terms after last enrollment
- Request Alumni Account
*Account must be actively used within last 18 months or the account will be deactivated (users will be notified via @huskers.unl.edu address)
- Undergraduate Students - 2 years after last enrollment
- Graduate Students - 4 years after last enrollment
- Intercampus Students - UNO accounts are removed at the end of their last intercampus approved semester
- ILUNO Students - Accounts are removed at the end of their last enrolled session
- Alumni - 5 years after the conferral of their degree
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.
Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk via email@example.com
Clicking the button below will open the chat in a new tab.